This month’s feature customer is Mark Lawrence, owner of Salamander Stoves and designer of the Hobbit Stove, a small stove perfect for small places.
Mark got in touch as he’d just bought a VW Transporter at an auction and wanted a company to build him a custom campervan – something for weekends at the beach and a mobile office for attending steam fairs to sell his stoves. He’d been researching companies for over a year but was concerned at the number of small conversion companies and the reviews he’d read for them on online forums. He wanted to find a professional conversion company that he could trust, who would listen to his requirements and would make a high quality product.
Mark paid us a visit in Minehead and we spent time discussing what he needed including:
- A high top roof (giving permanent head height and more storage potential).
- A table so he can invite customers into his ‘mobile office’ to complete purchases and to operate his computer.
- DVD player to play videos of his stove products.
- Space to transport his Paddleboard.
- Custom lighting.
- 3 seats in the rear with leather upholstery.
- A spacious interior that becomes a private space in the evenings and weekends.
Mark has been really happy with the service he received from Autohaus.
Whilst the van was back in the workshop we did a little extra work. Mark had caught his sidebar on a rock, bent it slightly and scratched the paint so we took it off, resprayed and refitted.
Having done so much research, before choosing Autohaus to complete his bespoke campervan, we asked Mark what he would have done differently if he had the chance.
We’d like to thank Mark for taking the time to send in his story and for his kind words and we wish him continued success with his Hobbit Stove.